Monday, July 30, 2007

In coordination with the whole rant about the lack of social connections these days, I am walking to the camp my friend Ana is working at and having lunch with her. The lunch? Vegan french bread and hummus I made last night (while not watching TV). I'm also involved in a play, and work, and dance, not to mention that my cousin is up and we went to a reggae fest yesterday at a local park. Everything is just beautiful, and my emissions are lowering. As of yet, though, I still have to find a convenient way to stop buying tempeh, as it seems no store around here carries it in bulk. I've found organic fairtrade bulk tofu and TVP, but no tempeh.

Is making and storing tempeh hard? It didn't appear to be so in the New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. Does anyone have any tips on making tempeh, what kind of equipment or packaging I'm going to need, and is it possible to get a price range on tempeh starter? I haven't found that in stores, either, and I may have to special order it.

Right now, I'm buying Lightlife's tempeh, I think. I may update this post to make sure this is the actual brand. I haven't done any research into this company, but I know that when I was just a vegetarian, I used to buy a lot of their products. They weren't insanely great tasting, but they were alright. However, I'd like to know if their products are: organic, GMO free, fairtrade, or sustainably produced. Any help on that would be great.

No comments: